Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here is my teaser for this week:

"I knew opening that red door would destroy my life.
Yes, that sounds melodramatic and full of foreboding and I'm not big on either, and true, there was nothing menacing about the red door. In fact, the door was beyond ordinary, wood and four-paneled, the kind of door you see standing guard in front of three out of every four suburban homes, with faded paint and a knocker at chest level no one ever used and a faux brass knob."
Prologue, CAUGHT by Harlan Coben

Last week was so busy I haven't had time to start the book, so I choose to use the first paragraph of the Prologue as my teaser. This will be the first Harlan Coben book that I've read, though he has been on my TBR list for quite a while already. Really looking forward to starting this tonight and hoping that I enjoy it :)

What are you reading this week?

32 comments:

  1. So often things hide behind innocuous looking doors.

    I have two teasers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of good things about Coben but have never read any of his books either. I hope you enjoy this one when you get to it. have a great week, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even heard of him before, unlike the poster above..Perhaps he just isn't available here in india?

    My Teaser is here - Reads Everything's UF teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've got me wondering what's going on inside!

    I'm reading a book called Stealing Lumby, second in a series. I'm going to follow your lead and read this entire series in a row. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That door is now seeming more and more mysterious!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Audrey...

    (OMG, you won't believe the word verification I got below..."mouspul"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! I haven't heard of this author, but this sounds like one I need to pick up!

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No current read here.

    I did read a book last week as a potential income starter. The book has been returned.

    LOL

    Maybe my next read will be worth keeping!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never read anything by him either. I do have at least one somewhere on my TBR stack. I'll be eager to hear what you think of it. My teaser is from Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read his books but I hear they're good. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mystery behind a red door... cool.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh...great teaser, fraught with foreboding.

    My post: The Heir

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser - I know I was grabbed by the first paragraph when I read this book. I hope you enjoy it.

    Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great teaser and a great way to start a book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Coben but i don't think i read this one... Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this sudden urge to sing The Rolling Stones song about the red door and wanting to paint it black now, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! I like it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coben is definitely on my TBR list.. Thanks for the teaser. Here is mine

    http://readingbetweenpages.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/teaser-tuesday-–-june-15-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very intriguing! I wonder what will happen next. and thank you for reading my teaser earlier

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have read a few of Harlan Coben books and he is very good...

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL, I love it when books are self-referential. ("Yes, that sounds melodramatic and full of foreboding. . .")

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been dying to read this one. It's on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have not read this author yet but I like that opening. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read any Coben either, but I definitely want to find out more about that red door now! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very intriguing teaser! I haven't read anything by the author before, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. NOw that's a great teaser! And from the Prologue? Great way to get someone wanting the book :)

    Thanks for dropping by,

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm still reading the same book I was reading last week because I haven't been devoting much time to it. I'm almost done now though, and I've got lots of motivation since I made a trip to my favorite used bookstore and stocked up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope to hear how you like the book and the author!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am really looking forward to reading this one. Its on my TBR list. I've read a couple of his and really enjoyed them.
    Hope you like it!
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never heard a simple door described like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh, this book has been on my TBR for a while! It sounds and looks so good! Thanks for sharing the teaser! Loved it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations