Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - A true story

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser for this week:

"Finally, after five hours, the surgeon came to speak to us. We did not have to go into the "special room." Hanna had done well and I will never forget my first vision of her after her surgery. She made it! She looks great! Thank you, God!"
Page 27, Living with Rain Girl

This book is written by a Mother in the community I live in. It's about their struggles and joys with raising their autistic child. The quote I have above happened one week before Hannah (the little girl) had her second birthday.

It didn't take long to read the book :) Partially because I know the family (I'm Hannah's school bus driver), but mostly because it's an easy, though "teary" read. For those of as that are blessed with "normal" children - there is just no way to comprehend what it must be like to give birth to a child that has a heart defect, and is autistic.

If you know someone with a special needs child - this is a wonderful book. Hannah is such a sweetie - brightens every morning as she gets on the bus and is so happy to go to school :)

What are you reading this week?

22 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter has had 2 heart surgeries. I am sure I would cry all thru the book!


    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser & it sounds like a beautiful read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful teaser! this one sounds like a beautiful story. i'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely sounds like an emotional book. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a very interesting book. Mine is much lighter. My teaser is from Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser. I hope that your enjoying your book. Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a happy teaser indeed. And yeah, it sounds like an emotional book. I would cry too if I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish my kids were happy to go to school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How special it is to know the child you're reading about! I'm reading Jane Austen's Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser - Looking forward to your next one!

    I must remember to post a second teaser on my sundryandco blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds interesting. My teaser is from How to Train Your Dragon. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting book and great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an emotional read.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser! You can feel her relief and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It amazes me what people are able to endure on a daily basis.It makes you grateful for what you are blessed to have for sure. Sounds like a good read !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a good book. :) Nice teaser!

    Thank you for dropping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good friend's second child born with a very serious heart condition -- and she got married last year! She's doing great. (What's funny is our philanthropy for our college sorority was ... heart disease. We didn't know then how important it would end up being!)

    My teaser is from a work of Christian fiction by Cheryl Dellasega, "The Testing of Devotion." It's first in the "Heavenly Host" series. Sophia, Senior Servant of the Heavenly Host, is leading the effort to thwart Lucifer's plan and help both mortals and angels resist his temptations. It's a fascinating look at angels and heaven and life after death.

    [[Just like mortals, we always have a choice, Sophia. He and his followers have made a bad choice, which makes our job more important than ever. I suspect Lucifer will target both mortals and angels now. Believing that the Almighty Divine is just that—all powerful and supremely good—will help us win this battle.”

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations