Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

MMM - Blog of the Week & Canoeing

Blog of the week:
The Country Blossom is such a wonderful blog! I have it as a "Blog to Read" on the sidebar, and try to visit with every new post. She has amazing photo's of her life and sheep, with funny stories to tell about both. This is a really lovely looking blog, and so much fun to visit. Check it out if you have time :)


Canoeing:
So the boys decided that they would like to try their hand at canoeing. Luckily we happen to have a canoe and live right beside a creek that is actually fairly high thanks to all the rain we have received in the last month. We used to go out every spring when the boys were younger but haven't in many years. So it was interesting to see how they would do :)

But first they have to get into the water! Who's going to have we feet? LOL (Logan is in the front, Luke in the back)


So far so good :)
Maybe you should go against the current first? That way if you are tired you just have to cruise home :) (mom's are so smart!)

There is a small stream running through the marshy area. Most years we can make it through and on the other side is another large open area. If everything works well and the water is high enough - they should be able to canoe about 1.5 miles south.



Coming back already? Apparently there is a beaver damn 1/2 way through the marshy area, so they had to turn around.

Try the other direction I guess :) They can go about 1/2 a mile until they come to the road. Guess they will be back soon.


Well - they didn't get a long canoe trip, but had fun! Great way to spend part of a Saturday afternoon.

9 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Sounds like you had fun watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out country blossom and thoroughly enjoyed her story about fitty.
    Looks like the boys had a good time with the canoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh ! For some reason they remind me of an old cartoon and all you see is them going back and forth like at a shooting duck gallery !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss canoeing! Of course, I used to do it on the ocean. I miss kayaking near my sister's MIL's house in Cohasset, MA. SIGH...maybe again someday :) Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to go canoeiing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ARE smart. I'm not sure I would have thought to go against the current first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom's ARE smart! And you are proof of that!
    Seems like they had a fun Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audrey...thank you so much for that sweet write up about my blog! I am absolutely humbled!
    I hope you are having a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations