Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Easy Chicken Recipe

I needed something quick and easy to put into my Crockpot the other day for supper. I knew it would be one of those days when I wouldn't have time to throw something together after the bus run. Found this recipe in a new "Summer Slow Cooker Meals" magazine by Taste of Home.


Italian Chicken and Peppers
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 jar garden-style spaghetti sauce
1 medium onion, sliced

1/2 each small green, sweet yellow and red peppers, julienned

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta

Place chicken in a 3 quart slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, onion, peppers, cheese, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 F. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce.

I didn't have spiral pasta so I used macaroni instead. It's really yummy, quick to through together, and everyone will like it :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good! And something that can be cooking away while you're busy with other stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my crock pot. In a pinch, I do similar. It's such a great, simple but YUMMY dinner. Hey, pasta is pasta as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge crockpot fan. I didn't know Taste of Home had that magazine. Is it a one timer or a subscription?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Taste of Home!!! And crockpots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you must have read my mind as I was just going over to the library to pick up a crockpot cookbook.
    It's too darn hot here to use the oven these days.

    Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's chicken it's gotta be good :) That does look mighty yummy and I do love meals that you can just throw in the crockpot. Taste of home does have some great recipes in there

    ReplyDelete
  7. that chicken look so yummy, I will try this weekend with my family:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations