Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kenning Stone

Kenning Stone is from a small rural town in Sth Est Manitoba. She is single and lives with her 2 cats and a parrot (yellow fronted Amazon). Since she has started working with altered art she's been trying to squeeze it into every available moment and that is still not enough for her. She likes to describe her style as Bohemian Medievalish.


1. How did you decide on your shop name?
I wanted a positive name, something I can aspire to, something to help me create from the heart. To 'ken' means to know wholly and completely that something is right, true. A stone to me represents ancient ancient wisdom, stable, comforting, enduring. Therefore, Kenning Stone.

2. When did you start crafting?
I've been dabbling with art/crafting most of my life. I have a B.F.A. Honours 1st class from the U of Manitoba. But, it's only been just over a year that my friend introduced me to altered art, Happy Day!

3. What or Who inspires you?
What inspires me: Celtic Art, Medieval art, Earth Energy. Who inspires me: The friend that introduced me to Altered Art. (see http://www.imagesbykim.blogspot.com/). She showed me an altered book and I fell in love with the art form, then she gave me a tour of her workshop - it boggled my mind, so she helped me set up and helped me find supplies and I was hooked. She has a site, Paper Digital Art & Images by Kim. I go there every day and get inspired.

4. Do you have a day job?
I have one full-time day job and 2 eveng/wknd jobs.

5. What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
Well, I really enjoyed making Kenning Stone in the Woods. I love the atmosphere of it, It really felt like it encompassed everything about how I want to approach my altered art. I liked it so much I used it for my Kenning Stone blog banner.
She does have a blog, and this is her description of it:
I do have a blog at http://www.kenningstone.blogspot.com/. I am currently telling stories on my blog. I have discovered that I enjoy writing very much. The stories are a little rough cause 1 full-time job and 2 part-time jobs don't give you much time to refine a story. So I end up just winging it every week. If I waited until I got everything perfect, then no story would ever get onto the blog.


Audrey's Accolades:
Amazing!! Still not sure I understand the whole process of how Altered Art/Mixed Media works but it sure is pretty. Kenning Stone has such an amazing imagination. She puts together the coolest items to make a wonderful piece of art. The following piece is my favorite - Just love the colors!!


Art Card (4"x4")
*featured warm red,gold and brown colours
*metal embellishments
*waxed string for hanging
*the card is sturdy and well made
*the back is finished, signed and dated











4 comments:

  1. ive never heard of altered art! your pieces really make me think on many levels! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, since you inspire me in so many many ways, I have given your blog an award...check my blog for all the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Audrey,
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! How did you find me? I enjoy your blog and also your "features"...seems like we both appreciate good artists!
    Happy Blogging to you too!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful!

    I have an award for you at craftingatthecreek.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations