Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Bathroom

Yes - I can paint, but not like some of my friends or like some of the artists you find on the net. I have a coupld of friends who can paint original works of art that are amazing! Me - I need a picture - not imagination. The biggest painting I've done is our bathroom wall which is 8.5 ft x 10 ft. This is what it looks like:




I've redone the mountain 3 times then gave up and finished the rest. It will just have to do. It was a 3 year project, 'cause I got tired of it or frustrated quite often.

Behind/beside the toilet I painted a tree:



The tree didn't take me that long to do and I did it while we were renovating the bathroom, so the toilet was out. Couldn't imagine trying to paint around that.
So for now I think I will stick to painting smaller items, something that doesn't take quite as long to do.
This is my first attempt at painting on canvas. Not sure yet if I will sell it our not. It's a Pricilla Hauser design. Love daisies!!



Please come back tomorrow for my "Fantastic Finds" post. Have a little of everything, and some really amazing shops.

24 comments:

  1. When are you coming to my house to paint my walls? LOL BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, beautiful work! I LOVE the tree, so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like it, especially the tree, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, great murals! It's funny that you kept reworking the mountain because that is why I've never painted a mural in my house, I don't think I'd ever be happy with it and I wouldn't be able to leave it alone. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. I love to see a bathroom hand-painted. I used to visit a craft shop that had painted a white picket fence all the way around the bathroom with flowers growing, birdhouses, etc. I would go to the bathroom just to admire the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's great work, must spent lots of time. I love the tree. I wish I can paint my bathroom, but it's made of marble....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree! I'm working on a sketch for doing a seascape on the inside of the bathroom door now. We took down wallpaper and painted in there in the Fall and I've been putting the door project off since then. Once I get my sketch worked out, I don't think it should take me long. (let's hope not as I'll need to take the door off to paint it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your murals! I would never attempt such a big job, but then again, I'm not a painter. Your canvas is sweet. Hope you'll be inspired to paint more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tree is my favourite, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow~! i think the mountain is amazing! you are a very good painter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been awarded the "Kreativ Blogger" award...check my blog for details. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paintings Audrey. Hope you have more than one washroom though, looks like you must have spent a lot of time in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow. That is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, if I came to visit I would have to munch on your tree you know. It is quite lifelike...

    And trust me; Luke gets plenty to eat around here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very impressive. I used to do murals before I had rotator cuff surgery and now I cannot reach high enough to paint on walls. :-( Your lovely images make me yearn for what I can no longer do. now I get to enjoy everyone elses work, and yours is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could paint like that, but I stick to paint by numbers ;)~

    Liz:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow is all I can think of right now...this is awesome work!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally beautiful work....That tree is really something else. You did an awesome job on that bathroon....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bathroom is beautiful! And your mountain looks great! I may have to steal you away to paint my bathroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Smokes! The girl's got all kinds of talent!!

    Go you! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations