Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 30, 2009

Carvel Soaps

Carvel Country Soap is brought to us from Carvel Alberta Canada! Krysta has had her shop on Etsy since 2006.

#1. How did you decide on your shop name?
Being from the tiny hamlet of Carvel, located just west of Edmonton, Alberta, I thought it only natural to include my home in my shop name. Carvel Country Soapworks is all me and I am so proud of where I am from.

#2. When did you start crafting?
Though I do not consider myself a crafty person, I have always had an interest in learning different crafts. I have taken classes on and completed projects in scrapbooking, painting, cake decorating, sewing and I began making bath and body products just over a year ago. Making soaps and other bath and body products are by far my most favorite.

#3. What or who inspires you?
My children inspire me. In the words of Anne Tyler, "It seems to me that since I've had children, I've grown richer and deeper. They may have slowed down my writing for a while, but when I did write, I had more of a self to speak from."

#4. Do you have a day job?
Having went to school to be an optician, I am now a full time mom to 3 kids who are growing so fast. My daughter is 5 1/2 and in kindergarten and my twin boys are almost 4 and in preschool. Though I would love to create during the day, it's almost impossible without having "helpers" so most of my creating is done after hours.

#5. What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
So hard to pick just one. I truly love making everything listed in my Etsy shop but my monkey shaped goat milk soaps scented with monkey farts fragrance oil always put a smile on my face whenever I am making them.


Audrey's Accolades:
I love handmade soap!! Was introduced to it in Dec. and haven't looked back since. Krysta has a wide variety of B&B products and an amazing choice in fragrances. She carries everything from Shea Butter Soap, kids soaps, goat milk soap, lip balm, bath salts and one item I would love to try: Body Butter. These look awesome!!




Scented with Green Tea fragrance oil, this ultra foaming bath butter has a super fluffy texture and is a wonderful alternative to your daily soap, shaving cream or shampoo! Use a small amount on a bath puff or washcloth and you are well on your way to super soft, sweet smelling skin.






PLEASE COME BACK TOMORROW FOR SOME IMPORTANT GIVE AWAY AND SWAP NEWS!!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! Her soap looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the soap looks great! Especially the foaming bath butter, it looks so soft

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations