Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pine Ridge Primitives

Pine Ridge Primitives is proudly owned by Cortney, who resides in Ohio. This shop has been open for approximately 8 months now.


#1. How did you decide on your shop name?
My husband and I have a farm and at the front of the property is a row of pine trees and our property is on the top of a hill. The farm is called Pine Ridge Farms so it is just a spin off of that.

#2. When did you start crafting?
My mother is an avid sewer and started a craft shop when I was 3. So crafting is pretty well in my blood. It's funny through I do not like to sew on a sewing machine like she does. Me and the sewing machine just do not get along.

#3. What or who inspires you?
My mother inspires me. She is an exceptional women. She started her craft store just for some extra money. Then after working for a company for almost 20 years my dad (who was about to retire)lost his job when another company bought out his place of employment. With dad just a couple years from retiring it was hard to find a company that would hire him so he and mom teamed up. Dad repaires sewing machines and mom crafts. Together they have a sucessful buisness. During the hard times while dad was looking for a job mom buckled down and kept the family together with her craft store.

#4. Do you have a day job?
I do I am the unit secretary for a surgery center at my local hospital.

#5. What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
I love to make rag balls. Each one is different and unique. I could not make 2 alike if I tried. I make mine differnt than most do. It is also an item I can make while watching t.v. in the evening before going to bed.


Audrey's Accolades:
This is a lovely shop with quite an array of items. You can find stitchery, baskets, wreaths, and more. Cortney makes wonderful primitive items like my favorite. Love the colors in this wreath.

Tan, Green, and Light Blue frayed fabric wreath. 12 inches round.Fabric all hand frayed. Looks great hanging on the wall or on an antique cupboard door.



4 comments:

  1. Another funderful artisan! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview and lovely shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has the cutest things. Love that rag wreath.
    Thanks for the Kindred Spirit award. I have passed it on to another blog I love about my other passion: horses. It's http://craftyequines.blogspot.com

    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shop, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations