Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 2, 2009

ss10001 Feature

This amazing shop ss10001 is run by Sherri from Nebraska. Amazing items - a must see shop.


How did you decide on your shop name?
My shop name is really unfortunate. It is ss10001 and I'm stuck with it:) There is a story behind that - sort of - years ago (like 15 years or so) when the ISP assigned my login, they gave me ss10001. No idea why. I started using it for my hotmail account and still have that one to this day. Sooo... when I signed up on Etsy to start buying, I signed up with that (never dreaming that I'd have a shop and that I'd be stuck with the name). So... that's the name of my shop.


When did you start crafting?
I've done crafts as long as I can remember! My grandmother had a ceramic shop when I was growing up so I painted ceramics, and maybe that's what got me started on crafts? Who knows. Anyway, over the years I've done everything from cross stitch to stained glass. I'm currently doing macrame, and I like to think it's a little different from the macrame I did in the 70's (yes, I did make plant hangers and an owl or two!). The pieces I make now are made using fine cord and seed beads and are a lot of fun. I hope you'll take a moment to check out my shop.


What or who inspires you?

I find inspiration in all kinds of things. Sometimes it's a bead or color of cord that I can't wait to work with and sometimes it's a color combination I see somewhere (like in clothing stores) that I want to try. Sometimes it's the season, like in the fall when the leaves are such pretty colors and I just have to try to capture that in a piece.


Do you have a day job?

I do have a day job. I've worked for the same company for over 24 years now - since I was 20 years old! I've been married for 22 years, lived in the same house for 21 years, done business at the same bank for 21 years... I'm drearily steady!


What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most?

I think the item in my shop I enjoyed making the most would be the Aztec Purple bracelet: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17642403 just because I had such fun putting purple and copper colors together. Unexpected, but I really like the piece a lot.





Audrey's Accolades
WOW!! What amazing items! I never knew someone could make such wonderful items with beads. Sherri has so many unique styles and designs to choose from. What an imagination. Well, If you haven't noticed - I'm into earrings. Here are my favorite:


The beads have shades of green and yellow as well as teal. I knotted them up in teal cord in a pattern that almost looks like a little flower. There are #8 silver lined crystal seed beads for some sparkle as well as an outline of shiny teal delica beads. Very fetching.Earrings measure about 1.5" overall (.5" of that is the silver tone ear wire). Dainty little dangles.





10 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the concentration it must take to produce such fine pieces as these! Lovely work, beautiful color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work...takes a lot of work and concentration...nice feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Thanks for featuring this lovely artist. I also wanted to stop by to say thank you for your kind words on my blog. It made me smile to know that there is so much support out there when you know something just isn't right. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audrey...
    Wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my blog, and may I also say what a lovely blog you've got. Great work!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work....You are so sweet to feature all thses crafters and have shown me so many nice ones that I would of never found
    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun story about the shop name! Lovely work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey!! Great job and her work is amazing! Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice interview, really enjoyed reading it and fabulous work:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are awesome!!!

    Check out our giveaway:

    http://bowquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never mind the unfortunate name. What beautiful creations! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations