Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beautiful Handmade Crafts

What a wonderful new shop! I love the hand embroidered Moleskine Notebooks! What a really neat idea! Amy's Shop also has tote bags (can never have too many), pendants and cards. Please check out her shop after reading all about her.


*Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I’m 23 and originally from Lansing,
Michigan. I moved to the west side of the state to attend a small college and graduated in May of 2009. I’ve been working for a year trying to decide what to do as a career. I’m one of those people who can’t make up their mind! My ultimate dream would be to own a shop where I can sell my work and help other local artists launch their career.

*What or who inspires you?
I love bright colors. I can look at a crazy piece of bright scrapbook paper and come up with 100 ideas for what to do with it.


*What do you want people to think when they see your product?

First, I want my work to bring a smile to someone’s face. I want them to enjoy what they see and feel the effort I put into it. I make a ton of greeting cards and I love it when people buy a card and tell me exactly who they thought of when they saw it.

*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
I have a HUGE scrapbook paper addiction! I’ve honestly had a craft store employee laugh as I came in the door during a 12x12 paper sale because I’m there so often and she knew what I was up to. I buy so much of it at a time that once a cashier had time to tell me almost her entire life story as she rang me up.

*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I love being with my family. I also recently got a kayak and love spending time exploring the shore of Lake Michigan. I have a golden retriever who can’t get enough of the water, so we spend lots of time there. I also play and watch a lot of tennis.

*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
The Scrabble Pendant Necklaces I have for sale are a ton of fun to make. Scrabble is my favorite game, so when I saw a friend with a necklace made out of a tile, I knew I had to make some. It’s fun to go through my massive collection of scrapbook paper to decide what would look best on the tiles. I’ve also chosen pictures I’ve taken to put on the tiles to give to friends and family and they always love them.


0 Wonderful Opinions!:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations