Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 8, 2010

catcalls

Do you LOVE cats? Have I found the shop for you :) Cat Calls has cat themed clothing and accessories. Check it out!

~~Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I live in the heart of Amish country in Burton, Ohio. Horses and buggies rule the roads at times! I am the proud mom of seven awesome children, six who are boys, two still home. Most were home schooled. The last two have been in and out of school but both want to be home again next year. I have three little fur babies-guinea pigs-that I love! I am currently trying to be a SAHM by working crazy long hours in my shops. But I have been a gymnastics instructor and judge for many years and will go back if need be.

~~How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
CatCalls was born out of a sense that there were many cat lovers out there. It is a branch off from my original shop which became too cluttered. This shop focuses on everything CAT! My goal with this shop is make enough to support my local humane society on a regular basis.

~~What or who inspires you?
I honestly can’t remember when I was NOT inspired! I tend to be very energetic and alert and find art and sewing ideas in almost anything...pets, music, nature, the Bible, friends, ideas, colors….it’s a steady stream that I have never been able to keep up with!

~~What do you like about being a seller?
I love interacting with all the wonderful people who live in cyber space! SO many friendly caring individuals. I also love custom orders and the satisfaction of knowing that my kitties are going to a good home where they will be loved and appreciated.

~~What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
I am a hopeless fabric-aholic! I absolutely cannot stand shopping of any kind EXCEPT at a fabric or craft store!

~~If you had time to learn any other craft/art - what would it be?
TIME is definitely the problem. But I would probably spend more time painting and drawing animals. Clay would be a lot of fun too.

*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I am very athletic and love the outdoors. I work out daily, still throw in some minimal gymnastics, learned to Ripstick last year so I could have more fun with my boys, love the local parks, listening to 70’s music, and any time I get with my kids is always fun as we are a very close knit family!

~~Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
I have focused on CatCalls since that is my primary shop and I really have no favorite. I thoroughly enjoy making everything. I will say though, that the Thrifty Kitties I make take on real personalities so they become almost living by the time I’m finished! A little weird, I know! But my most favorite of all was creating a wedding banner for my son’s wedding last December. It is in my Beyond5 shop.

~~Are there other places on the net we can find you?
I am on Twitter as Beyond_5 and have a blog http://artandsewforth.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. I'll bet I could find some great cat goodies for my daughter here! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kitty place mats are just too cute. I better throw a link to her store to my mom...she loves all things cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great items and I love the shop name! Thanks Audrey!



    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute shop! and great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's got some really cute stuff. Thanks for pointing this one out

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shop and cause to support! Great job Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shop and cause to support! Great job Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations