Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Beaded Pillow

The Beaded Pillow has the most amazing handmade/beaded items I've ever seen! Karen has ornaments, sachets, hangers and of course - Pillows! They are just beautiful!


How did you decide on your shop name?
I certainly was stressing out over a shop name and then realized it was such a simple thing. What is it I do? Bead pillows. Ta Da! The Beaded Pillow.

When did you start crafting?
Since I spent a good portion of my adult life as a broadcaster and writer, I guess you could say I have been crafting for a good portion of my adult life. I actually started beading pillows a couple of years ago when I looked around my craft room at all the beads I had left over from my jewelry-making days, which didn’t last all that long.

Where do you craft?
I converted one of the guest bedrooms in my house to my craft room. What does your space look like? It looks like a craft room/guest bedroom. I have a work table, sewing table, comfortable chair, uncomfortable chair, ironing board, cutting table….and a single bed with a nightstand. What would you love to add to it? I’d love to have more storage shelves in the closet.

Are there other crafts you would like to try?
Nothing at the moment; I enjoy coming up with new angles to sewing and beading my pillows.

What or who inspires you?
I think flowers inspire me; a pretty garden, the birds, nature….and of course, sometimes I see fabric that just screams, “Make me into a pillow with beads!”

Do you have a day job?
Yes, I am married.

What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
I enjoyed making everything you see in my shop…but maybe I am partial to Princess Elephant because she turned out so darn cute.

Where are you from?
It is funny that, after so many years of moving around, I happen to live in the very same town where I was born; I currently reside in beautiful Minnesota.

10 comments:

  1. The beaded pillows are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pillows are absolutely gorgeous; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Such talent! I LOVE the elephant pillow :) I must check out her shop now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, her things are so beautiful.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are some awesome looking pillows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful detail work on these pillows. Nice interview.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it, you can find more bedding Pillow for decorating your bed according to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pillows ! great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations