Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Organizing Bedding

It feels a little weird, offering you a tip for organizing bedding.  As Brad will attest - I'm not a very organized person :)  Brad is actually the one who found this tip in one of my women's magazines that's in the bathroom.  As a rule I don't read magazines in the bathroom, since I always forget to bring my reading glasses along, but I do look at the pictures if they are big enough.

Luke made is this wonderful blanket chest in a high school woodworking class. It's where I store all my sheets, pillowcases, some lighter blankets etc.  I can never find the matching pillow cases!  They are always at the bottom hiding.  How does that happen?  It's so frustrating!
One day while Brad was helping me fold sheets, he told me about something he read in the magazine.  Fold your sheet sets and place the sheets in the matching pillow cases!  Woot!  It works really well! I can always find the pillow case and the blanket chest isn't nearly as full when everything is in neat little packages :)

Do you have any easy tips for organizing?

9 comments:

  1. I keep my sets tucked together, so I never have to worry about mis-matchng them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that's a great tip! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great tip!

    I only have one spare set of sheets now. Had a 2 day Yard Sale this weekend and sold all the extra sheets.

    Have a wonderful day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea ( my husband reads my mags in the loo too) My kids are always pulling out sheets and blankets and it drives me crazy!!! Now that we are in a bit bigger house all the sheets go on the top most shelf of that bedrooms closet so they can't reach them and so I can change them fast during throwup season ( TMI???)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Brad he is a fountain of useful information. He earned his keep with this one.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just makes the best of sense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always put the pillow cases between the two sheets before I put them away in the closet. This is a really cool idea though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great tip. I usually keep my sheets on one side of the closet and the pillow cases on the other but they can get lost so I will certainly try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations