Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 14, 2011

Luke's Favorite Dessert

The plan had been to post a recipe on Saturdays, but I found something else to blog about every Saturday, so I've switched it to Fridays. Never could keep a schedule :)

Everyone has a favorite dessert. I love anything with lemon :) However Luke's favorite is Bread Pudding. Don't make it often though it is really easy. Usually I'll whip up a little cream to go with it, but hubby grew up eating it with milk and sugar?




BREAD PUDDING

13 1/2 oz evaporated skim milk
1/2 c milk
2 tbsp butter or hard margarine
5 slices raisin bread, cut bite size
2 large eggs beaten
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup currants or raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Heat both milks in heavy sauce pan until steaming. Remove from heat. Add bread and butter. (usually I put the first 3 ingredients into a glass bowl in the microwave and just heat it until the hard margarine is melted)

Beat eggs in small bowl. Add brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in raisins and cinnamon. Pour into milk mixture. stir well. Turn into greased 1 quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven for 40-45 minutes until set. (takes almost an hour in my oven)


What's your favorite dessert?
Have an awesome Friday!!


Photobucket


* Today the twitter tree is on Sweetybird's Blog:
* Join the Twitter Tree (BlueBird) Team here:

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds easy and yummy!

    My fave desserts have to be chocolate mousse and tiramisu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - my favorite dessert is bread pudding (any kind - hot or cold). I always ask in EVERY restaurant if they have bread pudding for dessert. Only about 2% positive response rate, but we visit those restaurants frequently.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a fan of bread pudding until recently when my daughter made it! Paula Dean makes one with Krispy Kreme donuts! I'm thinking that's one I should try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bread pudding is one of those things I can either take it or leave it. I don't hate it but I don't love it either...lol
    I don't really have a favorite dessert but anything with chocolate in it is good for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE bread pudding - no one else in my house eats it so I rarely make it ...and of course now I am craving some! I throw bananas in mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations