Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 27, 2009

5erg

5erg is a wonderful shop that has been on Etsy since March 2008. Silja lives in Estonia, Europe. She also has an Art & Photo Blog. The blog is part personal and part business.


#1. How did you decide on your shop name?
Well my signature is S.ERg so it was kind of a easy choice. The number 5 instead of letter S is there because someone already had taken the user name Serg. Sergei, dude, you took my name, now I have to use a number! :D My etsy shop name looks like a bar code. What do you have to say in your defense, huh ?Alright :D Sorry. Anyway, I guess I could of thought of something more memorable. But the main thing I do is art not jewelry and I wouldn't want any random shop name associated with my paintings.I mean, I don't have to develop a random label for my paintings. The label is me. If one day an awful or a catchy nickname gets stuck with me, I can use that, but I am not going to promote a label for my miniatures and then promote me as a painter separately. It feels kind of weird though, you know, it feels weird to me to post my real name on the internet all the time. Alias is better I guess, but with my luck...I would choose a random alias and then find out years later it is a copyrighted word or something.So I try to keep it simple :)

#2. When did you start crafting?
You know, it might look like all the kids are are into crafting and finger painting and so on. But I didn't see that, I saw a lots of kids who just took it as something they just HAVE to do. I always liked crafts. The "I have been crafting since I was a kid " stuff, people say it a lot :D I think that means something. It doesn't have a tone, but still. I would always be doing something with my playmates. Like when we played FBI or cops or whatever chasing games, half the time we were running around and half the time we were making like wooden guns, hideouts and hammered picklocks from wire. Some kids were only running around and never built anything. I think what I did as a kid I do now too. I haven't changed that much haha :D I think the same way too! Ask anyone.

#3. What or who inspires you?
Being busy, having a lot to do, when the deadline is in 10 hours. Then you start doing these extra activities - like you have to start polishing your nails or arranging plastic bags or training your dog to speak in French or whatever. Those stressful times just make me think and I get a lots of random ideas at those times, I usually write them down. You know what, I think the reason why they are the best ideas is that I don't just execute them right away, but write them down and filter them later.

#4. Do you have a day job?
Nope. Go to school. I try to study biology-chemistry. Obviously not going to be a scientist, but I don't know. The school is pretty good and I study on government budget so I kind of just am there because I am. I try to appreciate what I have, haha :D But if I will drop out it wouldn't be the end of my world I guess. I would be sad though, because I always wanted to know at least something about chemistry. The lectures are very interesting too and practical work.

#5. What is the item in your shop you enjoyed making the most and why?
The eyes! Oil painted art cards with eyes on them. Everyone I portrait is so different, I really feel like I am learning something with making each one of those!! See, I used 2 exclamation marks in a row!



Audrey's Accolades:
Silja has a wonderful shop, with amazing ACEO'S, jewelry, cards, felted products and magnets. It was so much fun looking through her shop. Wish I could draw like her!! Because I'm a sucker for earrings - I've picked these as my favorite. Aren't they lovely?





Hanging length of the earrings is approx 2,2"These are made with matte glass pearls,each is about 1/2"Bronze (Brass )French hooks are Nickel free.

0 Wonderful Opinions!:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations