Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ceramics For Everyone!

I love handmade ceramics! Ceramics for Everyone has the most beautiful plates and cutest cups! They look way to pretty to use :)


 *Where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I was born and brought up in Wales and then spent many years living away in London, Spain and other places in the UK before returning home five years ago.


*How did you decide on your shop name? Why did you start your business?
I started Ceramics for Everyone in 2009 after being inundated with requests from shops, companies and friends to produce a lower price gift ware service to cater for the Welsh and English markets. The credit crunch had started and customers still needed lovely handmade gifts but at a lower price.


I used to have a company that produced limited edition bespoke bone china tableware but its price point was too high when the credit crunch hit.


Previously to this I was a sole trader producing porcelain batch production tableware using various processes as jigger-jolley, slip-cast and thrown ware.


I grew up with lots of little ornaments that I had to dust so now I only seem to want to make items that have a function as well as looking great on the wall, dresser or table.


*What are 5 things you want people to think when they see your product?
I can only think of three.
1.WOW!
2. It was made in Wales!
3. I want one!


*What’s your supply addiction; is there a specific color or type of supply you just can’t pass up?
I love anything that I cannot make myself. I love to see craftsmanship, skills and old fashioned techniques that large companies will not produce due to costs.


*What do you do when you’re not being an artist? What activities do you enjoy?
I’m a bit of a gym bunny! But yoga tries to keeps me in the now. I also have two teenagers, hence the yoga! I also love baking super size cakes and growing vegetables in pots apart from that I’m always writing notes and ideas, doing scribbles, drawings. I don’t think you can ever stop being creative. It’s the only constant, regular and reliable thing in my life.


*Which item in your shop did you enjoy making the most and why?
The next new item is always the best! I get bored easily so working with clay is great as you are always using different tools, machines and processes to produce an end result.


*What keeps you motivated?
That is such a difficult question.
Feedback from customers are absolutely fantastic especially if it’s been a tough day.


If I am having a lethargic week. I take a deep breath and ask if I’d rather be doing something else, the answer is always no. I love my job. I think I’m very lucky to have found clay and the thought of my creations being passed down to generations long after I live is mind blowing.




*If you could give a piece of advice to a new shop - what would it be?
I’m pretty new with the Etsy shop compared to all the amazing shops on there.
Dream, Believe, Achieve and I also pray a lot!!!


*Are there other places on the net we can find you?
www.ceramicsforeveryone.etsy.com
www.ceramics4every1.twitter.com
www.flickr.com/photostream/ceramicsforeveryone
www.ceramicsforeveryone.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. I think it's cool that she's constantly looking for the next thing to make. That keeps it fresh for customers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cups and plates are too cute. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, thanks for introducing us to this great shop, her items are gorgeous! Off to see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I'm in love with this shop, and I love that it's on my side of the pond, and further more, in Wales!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature and shop! I laughed at the yoga/teenager remark!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations