Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Motivational Poem

Myself
Poet: Edgar A. Guest

I have to live with myself and so
I want to be fit for myself to know.

I want to be able as days go by,
always to look myself straight in the eye;

I don't want to stand with the setting sun
and hate myself for the things I have done.

I don't want to keep on a closet shelf
a lot of secrets about myself

and fool myself as I come and go
into thinking no one else will ever know

the kind of person I really am,
I don't want to dress up myself in sham.

I want to go out with my head erect
I want to deserve all men's respect;

but here in the struggle for fame and wealth
I want to be able to like myself.

I don't want to look at myself and know that
I am bluster and bluff and empty show.

I never can hide myself from me;
I see what others may never see;

I know what others may never know,
I never can fool myself and so,

whatever happens I want to be
self respecting and conscience free.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem! I don't know how some people can do the things they do and be ok with themselves. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's indeed a great poem, and a good mantra to live by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise words that could not be more true. Wonderful poem

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations