Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

1) Well the craft room is coming along. I'm hoping to paint the primer by the middle of the week. Have to be at a school bus driver's inservice all day today. We are doing the re-certification for CPR etc.

2) I've joined another swap :) This one is a "Garden Swap". We will be sending anything garden related - seeds, tools, gloves etc. Today is the last day to sign up! You still have time to join.


3) As I'm getting older the skin on my face is getting more sensitive and dryer. Some days after a shower I think it would crack if I smiled! So I emailed my friend Cara to see if she had something that would help, of course she did :)She sent me the link to her Udderly Botanical Facial Lotion.

When I saw that a 4oz jar was $14 I almost fell off my chair! But I bought it any way and I'm not sorry!! It's amazing! All I have to do it touch the lotion with my finger and I can do 1/2 of my face. This little jar of wonder stuff will last forever!

4) Blog of the week:


Stacey's blog is so much fun to visit! She has tutorials, features and a wonderful place to list your crafty blog! You can check the links and add yours HERE! And check out her ongoing party at:


5) Do you make your own pie crusts or by them in a box? If I'm doing a fruit pie with 2 crusts I make my own. But if I'm making a cream pie I cheat and buy the crust :) For Christmas I had a Pie Weight Chain on my list. There is nothing worse then buying a crust, poking holes in it but having it shrink to 1/2 it's size. Brad thought the chain was a little weird, but I wouldn't ever bake a crust without it again.


Once the shell is full of chocolate pudding - you can't see all the little indentations :)

HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!!

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that pie weight chain! That's so cool! I've been cheating and buying premade crusts. I know....I'm bad!

    I love when you can use the tiniest bit of those face creams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard about the pie weight chain, but then again, I'm not really that much of a baker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey: You reminded me that I have some seeds someone mailed me, so I got them out to plant. YAY!!!

    The chain is a wonderful idea! I will have to try that.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of that chain thingy...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen pie beads and weights but not the chain! I also didn't know bus drivers had inservice days! Have a gret Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a new crafty site to visit, I'm so excited.
    Pie crusts I can't make for the life of me. No matter what I try they just never come out. I can get it to taste ok but the rolling and edges forget about it

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for commenting! I love to hear from you!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations